Search My Site

Followers

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket
Since October 2007

Nov 13, 2007

I've Been Tagged...

...by my buddy blogger, Chris @ Self Improvement Journal. He and others are calling it a chain letter. My momma told me these were bad, however, times have changed -- this is the sphere, ma. Forgive me if I've done you wrong.

Here are the questions:

1. How long have you been blogging?

Five months. Seems like it's been a year. Probably because of the learning curve. I tend to stray and not come back for days. Posting every day due to my wandering spirit just doesn't happen...

2. What inspired you to start a blog and who are your mentors?

When you're a nobody like I am and your dream is to be a published author, having a strong, steady platform built prior to submitting that first, finger-nail-biting proposal to a publisher or finding an agent is very helpful. I learned this after miraculously stumbling across a website that's changed my entire perspective on writing my memoir. Anybody interested in writing, any genre, should hop on over there and take a look. Learn The Nonfiction Book Publication Process With Mommas Jenna and Lauri and Poppa Frank is where I read all about the process. There's a sea of helpful information and other word-lovers like me (published and not published) who are ready and willing to critique and give advice, and well...lead the way. Some even turn into helpful pals and even confidants, like Polly @ Recovery Rennaissance. The bloggers who have inspired and/or mentored me in the blogosphere are Kim and Chris @ byKimLane DESIGNS and Self Improvement Journal, respectively.

3. Are you trying to make money online, or just doing it for fun?

Right now I'm dabbling in obtaining the dollar, but really don't have time. I will get to that when I've accomplished placing enough sentences on the pages of my book. And, even then, I want to be a freelance writer. Albeit, maybe I will freelance thru blogging...*sigh* So many choices, so little time. (I almost can't say I'm 40 anymore).

4. What 3 things do you love about being online?

a) I get to know other people and what's going on in their worlds, quietly & peacefully, in my underwear;
b) I absolutely am obsessed with research. Everything anybody could ever want to learn is online, as long as deciphering the difference b/w good & evil is incorporated; and,
c) The opportunity it brings to those who opt not step out into the crazy society of the 21st century.

5. What 3 things do you struggle with online?

a) Right now -- the lingo, the terminology, but I'm learning;
b) My computer. I believe even the smart freaks who created these boxes knew exactly what they were doing when they began selling them to non-IT geeks like me. I know some, but it's never enough. No matter what, they will crash. No matter what, somebody else is getting paid to work on these devices. It's E-commerce, greed, wealth and political mumbo jumbo, and it drives me psycho mad; and,
c) Getting sucked in, to everything, all day long. I admit. I'm addicted. Couple this with letter "b," and I never get off this thing 'cause of the intermittent issues.

There, I accomplished my goal of yesterday. Sorry, Chris. Better late than never, I always say.

Now, tag, you're it: Lotus, who is a Sarcastic Mom -- if you're reading my blog, you know she makes me and everybody laugh. I'm sure she can take this Q&A session to a new level and Rhonda who says to her 5 kids: Because Mom Said So...That's Why! So, pipe down and listen up! I'm pretty sure she's kin and since she's a hoot as well, being a part of this chain gang becomes all the more pleasurable.

Technorati Tags:,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

2 peanuts say:

Lotus (Sarcastic Mom) said...

Ruh-roh! Another tag!

I will add it to my "damn-I-gotta-get-that-done" list!

:-D

Thanks!

Rhonda said...

I will so do this. I just need to get the dog "well" and should have a post on "tagged" by tomorrow.

THANK YOU. I am excited about doing it.

With names like "Rhonda", we are way too cool. Just had to add that little note. Ha.

XOXO